Oh my dear readers, I don’t know if I can adequately explain to you what I’m feeling right now. You see, in less than 24 hours I will be able to go to a bookstore and see the bound physical representation of a year’s hard work sitting on a shelf for sale to the public. Add to this that my last name could afford me the distinct opportunity to be shelved near, or even immediately adjacent to, Julia Child and honestly it brings tears to my eyes. I go from being bouncing-off-the-walls excited to quiet emotion and reflection over just how impactful this is for me.
I truly hope you’ll purchase a copy, read it, learn from it, enjoy it, and most of all start to ferment your own food.
I wanted to provide you with some information that may prove helpful in the upcoming days and weeks.
First of all, Fermented is available for purchase from a variety of sources.
2. Barnes and Noble (Both from their website and in stores)
4. Whole Foods Market (Pittsburgh)
5. Whole Foods Market (Wexford, PA)
6. East End Food Co-op (Pittsburgh)7. Book Depository.com (free international shipping!)
Also try your local small book retailer!
When Fermented is released (tomorrow! Woot!) I would truly appreciate a review on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, and Goodreads.com. Doing so will help others find Fermented and (hopefully!) become fermentation devotees too.
I also have some signings and more planned over the next couple of months. This list will be growing!
1. August 16, 2013 – Fermented Release Party! Stop by Espresso a Mano (3623 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, 15201) anytime from 6 pm to 9 pm and celebrate the release! Fermented will be for sale and I’ll be there signing books.
2. August 18, 2013 – Join me at the I Made It! Market at Marty’s Market and Wigle Whiskey where I’ll be selling and signing copies of Fermented! Check out all the other handmade goods while you’re there too. The fun starts at 11 am and goes until 3 pm.
3. September 4, 2013 – The I Made It! Market is hosting a fermentation basics class taught by lil’ ole me! It will be at the Quiet Storm cafe in Garfield (Pittsburgh). More details and registration info is right here. It’s from 6 pm to 8 pm.
4. September 7, 2013 – The Penguin Bookshop in Sewickley, PA is having me over for a signing AND it coincides with Sewickley’s farmers’ market. A perfect combo! I’ll be there from 10 am to 1 pm.
5. September 14, 2013 – I’m going back to my hometown area (kind of) and will be at the Bridgewater Bookfest! Stop by and say hello, and pick up a copy of Fermented!
That’s about all for now. I am so excited, you guys! And I am overwhelmed with gratitude to each of you who have already ordered Fermented, taken the time to drop me a line to tell me how excited you are to receive it, etc. Your support means more to me than I’m able to express.