A Big Announcement

Well, hello to all!
I have to give a big THANK YOU shout out to my friends Hayley and Bill of The Food Lovers’ Kitchen as well as Diane from Balanced Bites for telling all of my new readers about me.  Thanks, friends!  And welcome to all of you who are stopping by for the first time.
I figured that given this new influx of super readers and the big response I had over on Facebook to a question I put up a few days ago, that today might be a really good day to let you all in on a little secret I’ve been keeping for a little while.
The other day I was taste testing some kombucha that I made and asked everyone what their favorite flavors were.  I got a really healthy response and some terrific ideas that I plan to try today when I am in the First Comes Health kitchen bottling another round of my ‘bucha.  And then someone asked me if I ever share my recipes……..

Well, no and yes.  No, because I haven’t ever shared them before. It’s not like they’re top secret, I just haven’t really ever put them on the site.  And yes, because I will be sharing them soon.  Just not here on my site.  More like, I’ll be sharing them in the book I’m writing about food fermentation.
Did you get that?  I’m currently writing a book about food fermentation!!!  WOOT WOOT!!
If all goes as planned, it will be out on shelves and on Amazon.com sometime next summer and will contain, among much else, my kombucha flavoring ideas, recipes, and combinations. It will also have much more in there, many kinds of ferments, how-to, recipes, and more.

So, that’s my big (BIG BIG!!) announcement!  I’ve been working away everyday on this and have a long way to go, but I am positively thrilled.
Please stay tuned for updates, sneak peaks, and more specific information about all of it in the coming months.  I plan to keep everyone up to date here on the old blog, plus on Facebook and Twitter, so follow me there too and you won’t miss a single detail.
p.s. How do you like these photos?  Just a tiny sample of the great work Bill Staley did for me so far.

13 Comments

1. Diane @ Balanced Bites
    October 4, 2012 10:39 am

The photos are stunning!!! Absolutely lovely! So pumped for this!!

2. Marylu
    October 4, 2012 1:01 pm

You are on the crest of the wave bringing Kombucha to the mainstream! I predict you will be known as the Kombucha Queen!

3. Brandyn Miller
    October 4, 2012 1:06 pm

Congrats! Very exciting news. I’ll be keep my eyes out! I’m working on my first batch now!

4. Kombucha Lover
    October 4, 2012 1:10 pm

It would be great if you could post at least one basic Kombucha recipe here on your site. If people like that they will be lining up to buy your book. I follow the Paleo Parents and I bought their book as soon as I heard about it because they post recipes and I loved all the ones I tried so I knew I would love the book. Summer is far away and I want to start making kombucha now so I will be looking other places for a recipe if you will not post one and then I may forget about you and your book by accident. Just an idea, take it or leave. I love the photos here and your book sounds great!

5. Liz
    October 4, 2012 10:28 pm

Jill—
    You know I love you, but I am also SO PROUD OF YOU! You are so awesome and so very kickass. I can’t wait to hold your book in my hands! And make the delicious kombucha flavors!
    —Liz

6. stampylisa
    October 22, 2012 9:50 am

I would LOVE a great, easy to learn, book on fermenting!! I have done a couple batches of green beans with varied results, i wanted them sweet and pickly. Used ACV, salt and turbinado. the ferment was cloudy, so was hesitant to eat them, but they are tasty. There hasn’t been any recorded cases of death by ferment that I’ve heard of, so I’m ok with it for now. Make sure your book is on kindle format too!! How will we know it’s out? you should put together a mailing list to announce when it’s done!

• Jill
      October 22, 2012 9:57 am

I’m so glad you’re excited! I am too!
      I will definitely be updating everyone on progress, release date, etc. here on my site, on Facebook, on Twitter, and through my monthly newsletter.
      Yippee!

7. Stampylisa
    November 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Awesome sauce! Love it & can’t wait! Please please do some easy veggie ferment instructions. I can’t eat cabbage and keep screwing up green beans! I think I need an airlock lid.